Thursday, June 5, 2014

Lego Soap - How Melt and Pour Saved the Business

Everyone wants the Lego soap.  When I first ran across these soaps online I Wanted them! Melt and pour is very simple and yields great results.  I was selling my cold press soap with mixed results I had a great natural product and an awesome variety but it's hard to sell scent and texture online.  People see a flat image and they don't know it smells amazing they don't know it's moisturizing and exfoliating they just see a bar of soap with a low price tag.  
Melt and pour opened a world of fun shapes, bright colors and a huge variety of moisturizing bases.  
Supplies - I found an amazing company with bulk soap bases in everything I could think of: aloe, hemp, glycerine, crazy mixtures of things I had not heard of all eliminating me having to handle any sort of caustic lye.  Color was a crazy adventure, YouTube videos told me food coloring and soap web sites told me I needed cosmetic grade colors.  Different soap bases effect your colors and a few drops go a long way. Add essential oils for scent and you are on your way to a beautiful customizable product that people are as likely to leave in a bowl for bathroom decoration as they are to use it. 
My 420 soap made from a hemp base.  Red is opium scented.  Green is cannibus flower scented.  Yellow is champa flower scented.

Easter themed soaps fully customizable the ones pictured are glycerine based the pink smells like bubble gum and the blue is cotton candy.
The Sunflower soaps are really popular for their large size I add sunflower oil to the mix for moisturizing and antioxidant properties. I love the black soaps. 
Butter ducks is a favorite among little girls tiny soaps that fit perfectly in their little hands.
Anything is possible with melt and pour and I add new molds constantly.  Hearts and flowers Mickey Mouse thanks to the Internet I can make them smell like almost anything from Cab Sav wine to dark chocolate, bacon to beer. 

A link to my lego soaps check out the rest of my shop while you are there.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment