Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Cedar Wood Sage Soap




The older I get the more I'm concerned with the products I use.  Hitting my thirties my skin began to need more maintenance.  I'm at a point in my life where I don't make a ton of money and I'd rather spend what cash I have on fun and electronics rather than wrinkle cream and 'miracle' cures.  I wanted store brand prices with name brand results.  Soaps with labels I could read natural ingredients that haven't been tested on animals made from plants that have not been genetically modified.  
This is amazing time to be alive I can type anything into a search engine and be covered in articles I can become an 'expert' in many subjects in a day.  I can benefit from the research and trial and error of others.   A new world of beauty was opened up to me what oils and plants and processes to go through to create an amazing product was lined out in step by step instructions.
I wanted to create a business and I wanted it NOW.  I needed to have variety and I needed a product that would not disappoint I needed it to be affordable.  
I found an amazing company that provides bulk ingredients that are all non gmo not tested on animals and certified organic.  I've also purchased loafs of soap from them for resell this really helped in the beginning when I had no experience actually making the soap- this set me up to have many varieties with out having to invest a lot of money.
There are a few different methods to make soap.  Melt and pour, and cold process.  I offer both kinds the following is a link to one of my most popular cold process soaps.  It is a great scent for men or women.



Cedarwood Sage (Vegan, All Natural) 
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Water, Coconut Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Organic Palm Oil,  Organic Sunflower Oil,  Shea Butter,  Natural Fragrance, Cedarwood Essential Oil, Clary Sage Essential Oil, Rosehip Powder.

Olive Oil 
A great moisturizer, many healing properties 

Coconut oil
Moisturizing, has been shown to help psoriasis 

Sodium Hydroxide
That's lye 

Palm oil
Moisturizing, vitamin A and E, can reduce fine lines and wrinkles

Sunflower Oil
Vitamin E,  moisturizing, anti aging, anti inflammatory, antibacterial 

Shea butter
Moisturizing, vitamin A, healing properties, great for blemishes of all kinds

Natural fragrance 
Made from essential oils 

Cedar wood
Antiseptic, insecticidal, fungicidal
 
Sage
Anti fungal, antibacterial, antioxidant

Rose hip
Vitamin A, antioxidant, reduces fine lines

No comments:

Post a Comment