Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Homemade Body Scrub

A trip to my mom's house is always a magical and enlightening experience.  Fruit trees in a Mini orchard an extensive herb garden Dad's gunshop business in full swing.  They have recently added animals.  It was on one of those trips that I was introduced to Epsom salt.  Mom had a giant mason jar full of salt and herbs a little oil- she told me how it had helped her skin.  The conversation sat in the back of my mind for a few months until I ran into a similar recipe online urging people to stop spending so much money on body scrubs and make their own -- I saw there was money to be made and decided to do some research and add body scrubs to my line of all natural homemade products I could charge half of what the fancy store scrubs costs without any of the crazy additives and still make a profit.  I'm sharing what I learned with you so that you can make your own scrubs and if you don't have time to make them consider buying them from me.
As I mentioned above all my products contain all natural ingredients - now as we all know many companies claim this because you can say all natural and mean that the chemicals are natural or use gmo products that are classified as natural - what I mean by natural is that any and all herbs used were grown organically and are not gmo.  Any essential oil used came from a reputable source that uses organic plants and methods.  I do a lot of research on the companies I go through because I use the products myself and make them for friends and family.  I don't make a living making and selling these products I have a full time job to support me, I consider this to be a hobby and the money I make from it goes back into the hobby so I can make more stuff and so that I can have these products for my personal use. 
Here is some information about the scrub and the ingredients it contains:

Epsom Salt 
There are many kinds of salts all with their own properties but I've started my journey with Epsom. It exfoliates clears the pores it draws out toxins.  It has amazing properties when taken internally as well. Also amazing for your garden.
Lemon Juice and Zest
I took organic lemons washed them zested them and squeezed out the juice.  Lemons lighten up age spots and scars I have freckles so far I haven't noticed a lightening on them.  It also has antibacterial properties and is great for healing and preventing acne.  It is a natural exfoliant it is moisturizing and can fight wrinkles. 
Olive Oil
There are many kinds of oil you can use.  But I chose olive oil because I bought a giant bottle of it that is organic and pure for a great price.  The properties of olive oil include moisturizing it keeps your skin soft smooth and toned.  It has healing properties great for sunburned skin.  It is an antioxidant and full of vitamin e.  It lightens stretch marks and helps prevent new ones.  It is great for sensitive skin and is an amazing make up remover.  

The above three ingredients form the base for my body scrubs I then customize them with herbs and essential oils.  I call this a body scrub but for personal use I scrub my body with it use it on my face and clean my scalp and hair with it - I use it once a week and shave after I scrub my pores opened up the razor glides easily and hair seems to stay gone longer.  


This link is to the body scrub I make and sell please check out the rest of my shop while you are there. I love to make custom items and if you send me a message about what you would like I can make a custom listing for you and make the shipping more reasonable. 


https://www.etsy.com/listing/185822985/epsom-body-scrub


No comments:

Post a Comment